Use of Big Latch On (Incuding Women’s Health Action and Small Beginnings Group) Brand Features
Women’s Health Action/Small Beginnings Group/Big Latch On (WHA/ SBG/Big Latch On) Brand Features include WHA/ SBG/ Big Latch On’s trademarks, logos, web pages, screen shots, paperwork, posters, graphic designs or other distinctive features (“WHA/SBG/ Big Latch On Brand Features” or “Brand Features”).
It is important to us to protect the reputation of WHA/ SBG/Big Latch On; that means we will turn down requests if WHA/SBG/ Big Latch On Brand Features are associated with objectionable material, as determined by WHA/ SBG/Big Latch On. All use of WHA/ SBG/Big Latch On Brand Features must comply with the World Health Organisation International Code for Marketing Breast Milk Subsititues.
All WHA/ SBG/Big Latch On Brand Features can be used only pursuant to these Guidelines, our Terms and Conditions, the ‘Agreement’ and for the specific purposes for which WHA/ Big Latch On has given permission.
You do not need to go through the approval process and gain permission;
- If you have a written agreement with WHA/ SBG/Big Latch On that specifically addresses how you may use its Brand Features;
- If you have registered to host a Big Latch On you will receive a permission agreement for the use of the logo, promotional materials and paperwork associated with the event (copy at the end of this document);
- If there is clear and express language on our website stating that you can use those Brand Features without first obtaining permission.
You do need to go through the approval process and gain permission;
- If the above statements do not apply for you.
- If you want to do something other than what has been authorized in your existing agreement.
When you use any of our Brand Features, you must always follow the Guidelines (set out below) and any written requirements provided by WHA/SBG/Big Latch On, as to the size, typeface, colours, and other graphic characteristics of the WHA/SBG/ Big Latch On Brand Features. If we provide these requirements to you at the time of our approval, you must implement them before using our Brand Features. If we provide these requirements to you after we initially gave our permission, you must implement them within a commercially reasonable timeframe.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row margin_top=”20″][vc_column][vc_column_text]
Guidelines For Third Party Use of WHA/SBG/Big Latch On Brand Features
Things to do:
- If you are using the Big Latch On trademark, distinguish the trademark from the surrounding text in some way. Capitalize the first letter of each word, capitalize or italicize the entire mark, place the mark in quotes, use a different type style or font for the mark than for the generic name.
- Use the trademark only as an adjective, never as a noun or verb, and never in the plural or possessive form.
- Use only WHA/SBG/ Big Latch On -approved artwork when using WHA/ SBG/Big Latch On’s logos.
Things not to do: (Unless you have separate written permission to do so)
- Do not change our names, logos, promotional materials, paperwork or other WHA/SBG/Big Latch On Brand Features. Do not shorten, abbreviate, or create acronyms out of WHA/SBG/Big Latch On Brand Features and trademarks.
- Don’t display WHA/SBG/Big Latch On Brand Features in any manner that implies a relationship or affiliation with, sponsorship, or endorsement by WHA/SBG/Big Latch On, or that can be reasonably interpreted to suggest editorial content has been authored by, or represents the views or opinions of WHA/SBG/Big Latch On or WHA/SBG/Big Latch On personnel.
- Don’t display a WHA/SBG/Big Latch On Brand Feature on any web site that does not comply with the World Health Organisation International Code for Marketing Breast-milk Substitutes, that contains or displays adult content, promotes gambling, involves the sale of tobacco or alcohol, or otherwise violates applicable law.
- Don’t display a WHA/SBG/Big Latch On Brand Feature in a manner that is in WHA/SBG/Big Latch On’s sole opinion misleading, unfair, defamatory, infringing, libelous, disparaging, obscene or otherwise objectionable to WHA/SBG/Big Latch On.
- Don’t display a WHA/SBG/Big Latch On Brand Feature on a site that violates any law or regulation.
- Don’t frame or mirror any WHA/SBG/Big Latch On page.
- Don’t incorporate WHA/SBG/Big Latch On Brand Features into your own product name, service names, trademarks, logos, or company names.
- Don’t copy or imitate WHA/SBG/Big Latch On’s trade dress, including the look and feel of WHA/SBG/Big Latch On web design properties or WHA/SBG/Big Latch On brand packaging, distinctive color combinations, typography, graphic designs, product icons, or imagery associated with WHA/SBG/Big Latch On.
- Don’t adopt marks, logos, slogans, or designs that are confusingly similar to our Brand Features.
- Don’t register WHA/SBG/Big Latch On trademarks as second-level domain names.
- Don’t use WHA/SBG/Big Latch On trademarks in a way that suggests a common, descriptive, or generic meaning.
- Trademark rights vary from country to country. Some countries have severe criminal and civil penalties for improper use of the registration symbol. Therefore, don’t use the registration symbol (®) in countries where the mark has not been registered.
Terms and Conditions
If Women’s Health Action /Small Beginnings Group/ Big Latch On (WHA/SBG/Big Latch On) approves your request to use any WHA/SBG/Big Latch On trademarks, logos, web pages, screen shots, or other distinctive features (“WHA/ SBG/Big Latch On Brand”), you agree to be bound by and agree to comply with the “Agreement”.
The Agreement consists of the following terms and conditions, guidelines for third party use, host written agreement for use of Brand Features (if applicable), and your permission request form.
Provided that WHA/SBG/Big Latch On expressly approves your permission request, and you agree to be bound by and comply with the Agreement, WHA/SBG/Big Latch On grants you a non-transferable, non-exclusive, royalty-free limited license to use WHA/SBG/Big Latch On’s Brand Features for the sole purpose and only for the materials set forth in the host written agreement for use of Brand Features, and/or your permission request form.
Any use of the WHA/SBG/Big Latch On Brand Features must be accompanied by a notice that clearly indicates that the WHA/SBG/Big Latch On Brand Features are trademarks or distinctive brand features of WHA/SBG/Big Latch On.
WHA/SBG/Big Latch On reserves the right in its sole discretion to terminate or modify your permission to display the WHA/SBG/Big Latch On Brand Features and to take action against any use that does not conform to these terms and conditions, infringes any WHA/SBG/Big Latch On intellectual property or other right, or violates applicable law.
Except as set forth above, nothing herein grants or should be deemed to grant to you any right, title or interest in or to the WHA/SBG/Big Latch On Brand Features. Your use of the WHA/SBG/Big Latch On Brand Features will inure to the benefit of WHA/SBG/Big Latch On. You agree not to challenge or assist others to challenge the WHA/SBG/Big Latch On Brand Features (except to the extent such restriction is prohibited by applicable law), and you agree not to register or attempt to register any domain names, trademarks, trade names, or other distinctive brand features that are confusingly similar to those of WHA/SBG/Big Latch On.eo.
- You are not being charged for use of the WHA/SBG/Big Latch On Brand Features
- WHA/SBG/Big Latch On Brand Features are provided “as is”
- WHA/SBG/Big Latch On provides no warranties either expressed or implied by law regarding the WHA/SBG/Big Latch On Brand Features, including warranties of noninfringement.
- In no event shall WHA/SBG/Big Latch On be liable to you for the subject matter of this Agreement under any theory of liability including for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, punitive, exemplary or other damages arising out of this Agreement or the use of the WHA/SBG/Big Latch On Brand Features. This limitation shall apply even if WHA/SBG/Big Latch On was or should have been aware or advised of the possibility of such damages and notwithstanding any failure of essential purpose of any limited remedy stated herein. Some states do not allow exclusion of implied warranties or limitation of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
This Agreement is not intended to benefit, nor give any rights in any third party. You may only assign your rights or delegate your obligations under this Agreement with prior written consent of WHA/SBG/Big Latch On. This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand, without regard to conflict of law principles. The venue for any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this Agreement shall be in Auckland, New Zealand. The parties are independent contractors. Neither party shall be deemed to be an employee, agent, partner or legal representative of the other for any purpose and neither shall have any right, power or authority to create any obligation or responsibility on behalf of the other. The waiver by WHA/SBG/Big Latch On of a breach of any provision hereof shall not be taken or held to be a waiver of the provision itself. If any provision of this Agreement is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be contrary to law, such provision shall be changed and interpreted so as to best accomplish the objectives of the original provision to the fullest extent allowed by law and the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect. This Agreement, the Guidelines for Third Party Use of WHA/SBG/Big Latch On Brand Features, and the Permission Request Form, constitute the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof.
If there is any question about usage, requests for clarification or permission may be submitted through
[email protected][/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row margin_top=”20″][vc_column][vc_column_text]
Written Agreement for use of WHA / SBG/ Big Latch On Brand Features
This agreement is between Women’s Health Action /Small Beginnings Group/ Big Latch On (herein ‘WHA/SBG/Big Latch On’) and Registered Hosts of Big Latch On Locations/Venues (herein ‘Host’).
By registering to host a Big Latch On location/ venue, you are agreeing to using WHA/SBG/Big Latch On Brand Features as described by this written agreement, the general guidelines and terms and conditions of use.
If you wish to use the WHA/SBG/Big Latch On Brand Features for something not authorized in this agreement then you will need to complete the approval process to gain permission.
As a Host you have permission to use the following WHA/SBG/Big Latch On Brand Features, in the manner described below:
- You agree to use all WHA/SBG/Big Latch On Brand Features only for the purpose of promoting the Big Latch On and breastfeeding
- You agree to use all WHA/SBG/Big Latch On Brand Features only in contexts that are compliant with the World Health Organisation International Code for Marketing Breast Milk Substitutes.
- The Big Latch On Logo –must be used as it is provided, no changes made to colours, typefaces or lay out.
- The Women’s Health Action Logo – can only be used by gaining separate permission.
- The Small Beginnings Group, LLC Logo – can only be used by gaining separate permission.
- Promotional materials including but not limited to posters, flyers, welcome cards, and merchandise produced by WHA/SBG/Big Latch On must be used as they are provided, no changes made to colours, typefaces or lay out.
- Paperwork must be used as it is provided; no changes made to colours, typefaces or lay out.